http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: WHAT A WEEKEND IT WAS

Saturday 9 March 2013

WHAT A WEEKEND IT WAS

You will probably be aware by now, I spent last weekend in the company of this wonderful band of bloggers:



I was picked up from Milton Keynes Coachway by the lovely ALEXA......as we were too early to get in to the Youth Hostel, we headed to the shopping centre, where, after a quick look round M&S ,we  met RUTH  and managed to sneak  in a cup of coffee before setting off for our weekend accomodation.

It was only when everyone started arriving and unloading their cars, that I realised precisely how little I had brought with me!




Before we knew it, everyone had 'dumped' their (non-scrappy) belongings upstairs, chosen a bed and gathered downstairs with a cuppa.....and before we knew it the serious business of getting to know each other and  playing began:


Although the Youth Hostel provided the evening meal, we had all been allocated supplies to take for either breakfast or lunch..and for snacks of course! (A big THANK YOU to FAY for organising my share of the shopping) As you can see, we almost starved:


There were challenges and tutorials, and lots of fabulous work was produced......not by me, I hasten to add...I told everyone from the beginning that I was there for the social aspect! 

I did however manage a layout as part of RUTH'S challenge...but more about that  once I have carried out some First Aid  on it -it didn't survive the flight home in my hand luggage :( 

I do hope you are having a good weekend...I've managed to get some scrappy time, but I've missed you girls!

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx
























22 comments:

  1. Jealous, jealous, jealous!
    I can't believe how much food you had!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing these posts & have to admit to being jealous, too! It does look like y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are great, so wished I'd taken more. Love the collage of everyone's stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing photos of all the food and laugh ~ anyone would think you'd been preparing for a siege!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks a fabulous time. Looking forward to meeting you on your next blogfriend trip in 2 weeks

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a wonderful time with everyone. It's been lovely seeing all the photos and stories popping up around blog land this week. I'm very envious!
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun weekend, glad you had a good time!

    Have a lovely day, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm amazed we didn't all waste away there was so little to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a good weekend; I want to organise another Soon!
    So glad you came - and still so impressed that you flew all the way from Spain, just to spend a weekend with us! Thank you for coming along and helping to make it such a special weekend away.
    The photos are great BTW - I like the 4-photo collages too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wasn't it FUN?! :) I'm loving seeing all these posts popping up - *happy sigh!* See you again in 2 weeks, YAY!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful selection of photos these are..they give such a lovely flavour of the weekend, which sounds just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely time you all had and I can't wait to meet you irl very soon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good grief what a lot of food and scrapping stuff - perfect ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun weekend! and who cares how much you got done, when there's that much fun to be had??

    ReplyDelete
  15. More lovely pictures of the weekend, It looks so much fun. Friends and food, what more could you need?

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you had a brilliant time x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's photos, you all look like you had just so much fun. I always say that crops are much more a social thing for me, I hardly do anything, other than chat lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was an amazing weekend....shame about the lack of food though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a splendid clutch of photos you took - next time you can be The Documenter and all you will need is a camera! I can hear your voice so clearly as I read this ... Missing you too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was great to meet you Alsion! I hope you thought it was worth your very long trip! Your collages of photos are great - especially the food one! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very jealous (and happy for you) that you had a great time. I wish I could do the same kind of thing. Can't wait to see your'first-aided' layout :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally jealous! I can understand you didn't have much with you - flying does tend to limit what you can bring. So glad you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!