http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: ME ON MONDAY

Monday 2 February 2015

ME ON MONDAY

After a JVH related visit this morning, I came home and couldn't get a heat in me. After some lunch I lay down on the sofa in our naya...and before I knew it the heat of the sun was lulling me off to sleep:




The weekend?......it was a Quiz attending (and not winning), DVD watching, saying goodbye to my houseguest, avoiding eating the gorgeous cakes at Sunday Afternoon Tea and reading (and thoroughly enjoying) the book 'THE INVENTION OF WINGS' by Sue Monk Kidd....I started it on Saturday, and very lazily stayed in bed on Sunday morning to finish it!

Waving at SIAN, whose brilliant idea MOM is.... and to all the other 'Monday Wavers'

I do hope your own weekend had some high points in it.

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx


15 comments:

  1. Could use that nap, but no sun here to lull me away... grey skies and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to enjoy a sunny afternoon nap! Sounds like a lovely relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have beautiful frost here this morning. Lovely to look at, but not nap inducing! (Though now you mention it, staying in bed with a book sounds good..)

    Have a great week Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. A catnap in sunshine sounds wonderful! London woke up to a light covering of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could have used the catnap after shoveling our 16 inches of snow. At least the sun was out while my boys and I shoveled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing beats a little afternoon nap in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when you get into a book and can't stop reading. A nap in sunshine sounds like bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely weekend - and a little nap to start the week sounds good too. I liked The Secret Life of Bees, I will have to check out The Invention of Wings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been able to sleep during the day. My husband on the other hand is a fan of the afternoon nap on a Sunday. Glad you have sunshine to enjoy. I don't think it's been above freezing yet this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you so look like you're enjoying that sun xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh nice and cosy...wish it would warm up here. We've had a morning of snow x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you've had a good week! My book club is reading that book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh, staying in bed with a good book sounds great. As for napping - I wish I could get back to sleep (it's 3 AM here).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!