http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: WAVING ON MONDAY......

Monday 14 December 2015

WAVING ON MONDAY......

....NOT Tuesday, but actually on Monday!

It's been a couple of weeks since I joined SIAN and her merry band of 'wavers'.....life has been busy here in 'the slow lane'....Christmas Bazaars, Carol Concerts, shopping for the local  Food Bank and - of course- decorating not only my own house but the Drop-In Centre are a few of the things which have been going on.....not to mention my Ornament Exchange last week. 

Me on Monday?


Labelling these packages for the FOURTH time!....they have been the bane of my life for two weeks (at least!) now.....Craig and I packaged them up when he was home a couple of weeks ago....FEDEX have been supposed to be picking them up, but every time the very patient, non-English speaking lady turns up the labels I have printed off have been wrong!! Another set has been printed and the pick-up was supposed to have been today....guess what?!- it didn't happen...hey ho!!

Whilst waiting for the pick-up I managed to spend a little time in the garden....and look what I found:


who would believe it?!...even here!

Some other pretty sights in my garden:



the Bizzy Lizzie is still flowering...it's struggling a bit now but valiantly still producing flowers even after our long, hot summer




and of course my trusty nasturtiums, which just self seed and spread everywhere if I'm not careful!

Hoping your week-before-the-week -of Christmas holds good things and not TOO much stress!

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx

PS....I'm hoping to get around to some blog reading this week...looking forward to catching up with you all!




8 comments:

  1. Flowers in December - how lovely. It sounds like you've been the good kind of busy. Hope the packages eventually make it to their intended destinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a busy holiday season! Yours was the first Christmas card to arrive here a couple of weeks ago, but I just finally made it to the post office and got mine in the mail this week. Luckily no packages to ship this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed some daffodils in my Mum's garden at the weekend and the weather man showed some on the news yesterday - very strange. have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alison! It's lovely to be catching up with you this week. You sound very festively busy :) Fingers crossed for those parcels. I queued for stamps, then I used them all posting my Mum's cards, so it's back to the Post Office again today for me..

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have been having a really busy time! I hope you're parcels get picked up eventually. I've still got some daisies growing in the garden and they really cheer me up on a grey day xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second one I've seen with daffodils blooming. You must be enjoying the same unseasonably warm weather we are! Your Christmas card arrived here around Thanksgiving - first one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to see all those flowers....the weather here has been so mild that there are daffodils popping up....not sure that that is a good thing though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how glorious to see such wonderful colour in your garden, Sandie! up here it has been grey for six weeks, and I jest not.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!