http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: MEMORANDUM MONDAY

Monday, 4 April 2016

MEMORANDUM MONDAY

Can you believe it's the first Monday in April? I remember my gran saying (often) that time flies the older you get; in my youth I naively thought she was 'haverin' ( a good Scottish word meaning 'talking nonsense')....now I know differently!

Being Monday, it's time to check in with SIAN and the 'usual suspects' to share something new we might have learned or something we might have done for the first time during the course of the weekend.

The weekend itself saw me getting the house back to 'normal' after having my Craig and Kirsty and HER Craig here for a week....I also got to spend time doing some planting in my garden and for the FIRST time we now have some garden furniture under our pergola:





I also decided that this year, for the FIRST time, I am getting serious with the birds eating the cherries off our tree....no, I haven't gone out and bought an airgun or anything drastic.....I have draped a net over said tree:





.....and am hoping it does the trick.


I have resorted to looking up a website of trivia to be able to report something new I have learned....and I actually DID learn something that pertains to ME....did YOU  know that the word 'LETHOLOGICA' describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want? You wouldn't believe how many times that happens to me...please tell me I'm not alone!!

Have a good week my friends...hope it's not too LETHOLOGICAL for you (or me for that matter!)

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx




18 comments:

  1. No, you're not alone - lethologica is most definitely a word that applies to me!

    I like your garden furniture and good luck with the cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patio & pergola look so inviting. I like your new word. I have often seen local cherry trees with the nets on them & the wineries all have air canons that go off every 30 minutes to scare the birds away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting more lethological all the time. I like your new furniture. Never mind the gardening have a sit down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely not alone, and further more, I'll never be able to remember than new word! We got four inches of snow last night, so there's not going to be any sitting on the patio here any time soon! Yours looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new patio furniture, ya'll are going to enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovign that sunny spot on the patio and your cherry blossom - have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's a good one! Seems to be happening more and more to me these days..a sign of old age, perhaps?

    Wishing you a lovely week enjoying that new furniture

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are not alone, I've written down that word so I can remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to come share a cup of tea in your inviting yard! Can't wait to see what you've planted. I'm glad to know that lithological is a "thing." I keep thinking it's the first step in alzheimers! Not a pleasant thought!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We use a net as well...seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are most definitely not alone lol.

    Loving the new garden furniture and good luck with the cherry tree. We have a swarm of parorkets that strip all the fruit of our trees.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all looking lovely in your garden xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your outdoor furniture is looking very stylish. And good luck with the cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have similar patio furniture, but not the similar sunshine unfortunately! Enjoy relaxing out there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That garden furniture looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forgetting words has been one of the worst symptoms of fibromyalgia. When I was first diagnosed, I found it happening to me at least a half dozen times a day and it was so frustrating. I seem to have developed coping skills and find it happens less now thankfully. I do hope the net does the trick for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely is your patio! And that sun .... Sigh of envy! Great word - I seem to remember that in classical mythology, if you drank from the river Lethe you would forget everything. Nice to see 'havering' - we use it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two new words for me and being half Scottish and married to a Scot I can't believe I hadn't heard the one. I must remember haverin' and I too suffer from lethologica - nice to know it happens enough that there is a word for it. My the patio furniture looks lovely. Hoping that you have plenty of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!