http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: MEMOS, MAIL, ME

Monday 3 April 2017

MEMOS, MAIL, ME

I've missed it.....and you....so I'm dipping my toe in again ...to blogging I mean!

I'm making no promises- to myself or to anyone else - that it will be a regular occurrence, but I thought that I might start by joining re-joining SIAN and her 'Merry Mondayers' in the first instance.

So what's been happening in the slow lane this week?

I've managed a little bit of scrapbooking:



I'm sure I saw the sketch for this on FB but can't remember where




I happened upon this sketch on FB and used it as my starting point for this:








A little bit of reading:


I have made time to join a Reading Group and this was this month's (April's) choice....I quite enjoyed it even though it's not my favourite topic...the Cold War and espionage, but it examines the effects of wrongful accusation on a family (think The Railway Children written from the adult's perspective) therefore was more enjoyable than I had expected it to be.


Craig was here for a few days and we managed to get a few jobs done, had dinner out for our Wedding Anniversary ...and also had a day (well it SEEMED like an entire day!) looking at shower trays, tiles and vanity units for our shower room, which is just about to be re-decorated, along with our bedroom:



....and lastly the mail. It's been a Good Mail week:



a postcard from the lovely DEB, a Mother's Day card from Kirsty and an Anniversary card from our bridesmaid (the only other person apart from ourselves who ever remembers..thank you Morag!)

Have a good week and hopefully I'll be back next week...the coming week involves travel and catching up with Kirsty and with old friends for me...hope your week holds good things too!

Thanks for dropping by!
Takecare of you
Alison xx










10 comments:

  1. So lovely to see you popping up on my feed again! welcome back however sporadic it may be, it is really good to see you. I have missed you

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to see you back, enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you have been missed! Absolutely! It's such a delight to see you pop into my Reader today. You've made my day :) Hope your plumbing isn't anything like ours at the minute..

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Alison, how lovely to see you here in blogland again - I have missed you! Your layouts, as always, are wonderful!! Happy Belated Anniversary! Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see you here again. Happy belated anniversary! Sounds like you have a great week ahead. I'm glad to be home again, but not expecting anything exciting to report next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a joy to see you blogging again, I always love seeing what you've been up to and your scrapbooking. Wishing you a happy anniversary and good luck with the shower choices xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you popping up in my feed and with scrapbooking too! Waving at you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see you back and I love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It so lovely to see you back in blog land! Those layouts look great x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am late to wave to you, having been 'away' myself for a bit, but SOOOO delighted to see you! I kept you in my reader, just in case :). And what a lovely post - pretty pages and family news is perfect! I'll keep an eye out for that book ... and another post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!